[opendtv] Re: Have tablets materially affected television.

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:16:10 -0800

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Mike Tsinberg <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a question: have appearance of tablets such as iPad's materially
> affected television production or reception for content such as movies, news,
> games and etc? My quick check indicate that about 40 million or so iPads are
> sold so far. The viewing of video on iPads is very popular.

Only from my personal experience - we have so much business building
media playback applications (movies, tv, news, etc.) for iOS and
Android tablets that we literally can't keep up or find people to
employ fast enough. And Apple just ordered what, 67m retina displays
for the new iPad3? It's only going to snowball from here on.

Cheers
Kon