[opendtv] Re: Hardware based and PC card based encoding solutions

  • From: "Prashant Desai" <prashant.desai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:49:14 +0530

Got it thanks a lot mark

Regards,
Prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Aitken
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 11:48 PM
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opendtv] Re: Hardware based and PC card based encoding solutions

Easy. Simplified example.
Save 5% of bits, across 100 encoded services, you offer 5 more services
with a price per subscriber (if you are a MSO/DTH/video service
provider). If you get $0.50/subscriber for the service, X 10,000,000
subscribers, that's $5,000,000/mo. Does not take long to pay for the
upgrade! :-)

Also, you need to look at PQ in a statmux pool configuration. One to one
is just a single way to compare, you need to define service expectations.

Done.

--

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken Director, Advanced Technology

***********************************
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"America will never be destroyed
from the outside. If we falter
and lose our freedoms, it will be
because we destroyed ourselves."

~ ~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~ ~
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.