[opendtv] Re: Happy 4th of July

  • From: "Tom McMahon" <TLM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:24:21 -0700

Hi All:

Looking forward to a great 4th BBQ and fireworks, but I have to share this
with you.  The fireworks here are shot off from the Marina del Rey
breakwater, near the wetlands and Ballona Creek.  In recent years some rich
nitwit rented a big helicopter for he and his friends and parked it up right
near where the shells were exploding.  I am really surprised that the LAFD
and FAA let him get away with this for safety reasons.  But for us locals
the noise was obnoxious and horrendous - it ruined the whole experience.
Not what you want for a truly American national holiday.

Best,

-          Tom

Tom McMahon

Technologist