[opendtv] Re: HP and Philips to Begin Licensing Video Content Protection System to Manufacturers after Gaining FCC Approval

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:31:11 -0700

Nope, it isn't :-) If it can't handle the whole transport, its kind of
useless, isn't it?

I assume they have a software or hardware demux and BF filter before
recording, and everything recorded is non-BF-tagged SPTS or ES.

Does anyone have more technical information as to how these systems
work, or pointers to documents?

Who is providing the protection system? HP doesn't have much of a track
record in CA/DRM (besides blurb on their website), if any?

Cheers
Kon