[opendtv] Re: HDradio?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:24:02 -0600

Mark Schubin wrote:

> During the big Sandy storm, analog radio provided the most reliable
> means of wireless communication.

Did anyone try HD Radio, as I did during Sandy, and find it lacking? And would
it have worked better with at least 10X more ERP allowed, if not in hybrid mode?

I had no trouble with HD Radio during Sandy. The little tiny handheld radio I
have, the size of a small matchbox, uses nothing more than the earplug lead as
its antenna.

Adequate power is everything. The DTV transition proved that to me.