[opendtv] Re: HDTV-Brochure_2005final

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:13:07 -0800

Craig wrote:
> Neither. It is difficult to call something an=20
> omission, when it is virtually irrelevant to the=20
> business model of the industry (CEA) that is issuing=20
> the statements.

The CEA business plan, in this instance, is the marginalization of
broadcasters, sometimes accomplished thru omission, sometimes thru working
to stifle the development of an effective receiver standard and sometimes
thru attempts to stifle product development in support of broadcasters -
among other things (IMHO).