[opendtv] Re: HDTV DVB-T receiver for the UK

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:12:55 -0500

Most of the cable channels are owned by the networks, and most already
have commercials.  I don't know why the networks would want to pull them
off cable but it would seem to make sense to instead make some of them
non-cable-exclusive and also offer them as sub-channels.  They wouldn't
need must carry to keep them on cable, though a little renegotiating
would maybe be needed.

IOW, I don't understand why economies of scale don't suggest making all
national channels potentially available in all venues.

- Tom