[opendtv] Re: HDTV DVB-T receiver for the UK

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:33:57 -0500

At 3:26 PM -0500 2/1/05, John Shutt wrote:
>  If you offer a 4 channel multiplex 24/7, you would be required
>to broadcast 12 hours per week of regularly scheduled children's
>programming.  I think that will be enough to kill most multicasting plans on
>commercial stations.

What multicast plans?

Are you talking about the announced intentions of stations to offer
multicasts? Announcements that are intimately tied to the desires of
the NAB, major station groups and the media conglomerates to force
cable to carry these multicasts.

That ain't gonna happen!

At least PBS is setting an example for its commercial peers...

Negotiate carriage!

Regards Craig