[opendtv] Re: HDMI on HP Laptop

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 13:00:11 -0500

Sounds like my system and my attitude.
Cliff

On 11/11/2010 11:56 AM, Kon Wilms wrote:
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Mark A. Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Plug that analog hole!

I prefer to break it wide open. I put a considerable amount of money
into setting up my home theater and everything I have still runs on
component video. I don't enjoy being treated like a criminal when I want
to view a DVD or Bluray disc I have purchased. This annoys me to the
extent that I make it my mission to circumvent the protection. And where
it can't be circumvented, I've chosen to vote with my wallet and not
purchase it, like Directv's pathetic desktop PC DVR player -- when it
isn't crashing, it's telling you your system doesn't have enough output
protection to view the content you just paid for.

Some helpful links:
http://www.curtpalme.com/HDFury2.shtm
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

Cheers