[opendtv] Re: HD Radio from Radio Shack

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:43:03 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
It's a table-top HD radio, considerably less expensive than any of its
competition, at $174.99.

One thing I want to point out: isn't it strange how we are satisfied
with a price like this for a decent quality table top radio, or even
closer to $200 for a decent quality hifi AM/FM tuner, and yet anything
approaching these prices is considered too expensive for HDTV tuners?
It's odd.
As the old joke goes, "What do you mean 'we'?"

If you're judging by the fact that a retailer has a box, that was true of $1,000 ATSC boxes.

When you get sales figures you'll be able to say whether there was any satisfaction with the price.

TTFN,
Mark