[opendtv] Re: HD DVR for the antenna crowd

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:32:51 -0800

I don't understand the reference.  Do you expect or get uncompressed HD on a
DVD player?  I didn't know they would handle SMPTE S292M -- 1.5 GB/sec.)

That's "uncompressed HD."

Not DVDs.

John Willkie

From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> In fact, if you live in an area that's well-served by digital
> broadcasters,
> now's a better time than ever to get your TV over the air (or "OTA," as
> the
> cool kids say): yeah, you get only a handful of channels, but they're in
> crystal-clear digital quality--DVD quality at "worst," uncompressed
> high-definition at best.

1) "OTA?  What's that?" as the cook kids say,

2) I had no idea that uncompressed HD could fit in 19.4 Mbps.

Cheers,

John