[opendtv] Re: H.265/HEVC - the Standard and real products

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:31:55 -0800

I don't think it's exactly "stable" yet. I'm still seeing edits here.

http://phenix.int-evry.fr/jct/doc_end_user/current_document.php?id=7243

Ron

On 2/15/2013 7:55 AM, TLM wrote:

It may be useful to make the observation that companies typically don't release product until the standards on which those products are based are approved/ratified/agreed and stable, for obvious reasons. This was a hardcore requirement for hardware product for super-obvious reasons. It may be less true for SW products but having to release updates or patches all the time is painful and expensive, and certainly doesn't contribute to customer satisfaction.