[opendtv] Re: H.265 gear

  • From: Mike Tsinberg <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:04:59 +0000

Thanks Dan!

I will email you.

Best Regards,
Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com

From: Daniel Grimes <dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx<mailto:dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx>>
Date: Friday, February 27, 2015 at 12:58 PM
To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [opendtv] H.265 gear

Hi Mike:

What are you considering for lenses?  Do you need studio/EFP controls or just
any manual lens?  That might be the most challenging piece of the puzzle.
Canon is developing a 4K zoom lens but it is massive, likely to be very
expensive, and not even available yet.  And still not a long zoom range needed
for sports.

I looked at the new Hitachi 4K camera and it produces an impressive picture
with HD glass and 1080p imagers.  I think Grass Valley does, too, but I didn't
evaluate it.

Or would you consider some single-CMOS cameras?  I have been comparing some
Sony single-CMOS (bayer, EXMOR based) cameras to some Sony 3-CMOS cameras and
the 3-CMOS cameras excel in almost every way for live productions.

Email me if you want to talk more.  I am not the most experienced in high-end
systems but can offer some input on the high-end industrial grade stuff.

Dan
dan.grimes(at)unlv.edu<http://unlv.edu>