[opendtv] Re: Global Warming Discussion

  • From: "nat ostroff" <nostroff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:46:18 -0500

While this is off topic there is a strong conection betwen the number of sun
spots in a peak of the sun spot cycle and the historical tempurtures on
earth. For example: During the "little ice age" back in the 15th and 16th
century the sun bearly produced any sun spots for a number of cycles. In
modern times the peak number of sun spots during the cycle has been
increasing at each peak to levels not seen historically. The sun spots can
be related to high energy particles being thrown off by the sun. Now, given
that we are seeing this today and taking the "little ice age" as an example
of low peak spot counts are we just seeing a solar peak in energy output
over the last 100 years? There is one other interesting piece of data. The
ice caps on Mars have been melting for the last 50 years.

Human activity may be increasing the effects but we, as humans, are not
totally to blame. ( A blow to our egos, no doubt). Hence, reducing the CO2
output may not have much effect on temps but it will have enormous effects
on civilization.

I suggest that anyone interested check the recorded data for the peak
numbers of sun spots over the last 300 years and compare ot the dates of the
"little ice age". The data is easily found on the Internet.

Nat Ostroff