[opendtv] Re: Give this round to Bert

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:24:35 -0400

At 9:42 AM -0400 6/18/07, John Golitsis wrote:
Prophecy?  I think even Bert would agree that it was just common sense.

Common sense?

Frankly I don't understand how they can produce these cheap receivers at this price. The royalties alone eat up a huge chunk of the cost.

My guess is that the companies in the direct view CRT business are trying to keep the CRT lines busy, mostly for the third world.

And common sense would tell us that there should be cheap STBs and DVRs...

Where are they?

REgards