[opendtv] Re: GM exec: Time to reinvent the automobile

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:07:55 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> The only problem is the oil companies, don't you know? The same guys
> that kept the "100 miles per gallon carburators" out of production, back
> before the days of fuel injection. They are in cahoots with the car
> companies.

Careful. Didn't you know you can be arrested for saying things like this now? ;-)

- Tom

John Shutt wrote:

All those trivial details are solved when the Stirling Cycle
engine is combined with the "PAP."

Personal Atomic Pile. No CO2, no emissions, no need to refuel
for the life of the car. What possible downside could there be?

Exactly right. Can't think of any problems.

Matter of fact, my father was telling me this in the 1950s. "By the time
you guys will be able to drive, you'll be driving atomic cars," he said.

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx