[opendtv] Re: GLV : sony has done it, finally...

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:46:42 +0100

Was reported on the list some time ago.
http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/venue/globalhouse02.html was the report that
started that thread, if my memory serves me right.

It rekindled the simmering discussion on periferal vision.

If you click through to the commercial partner
http://www.megavision.co.jp/eng/index.html, you'll see some of the
technology was also demonstrated at IBC by NTT. The demo involved some three
chip camera (no live demo) shot material mpeg2 encoded (at was it 150
Mbit/s?) by a 200K US$ encoder, decoded by a 100K US$ decoder and projected
using three rear projectors (dlp hitachi or toshiba, don't care to check my
notes right now as I don't have 'em at hand). The compression systems can
process up to 8K (4*2).

d.