[opendtv] Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: IPR balance of power shifts eastward in LTE]]

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:28:12 -0400

Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:55:19 +0200
From: cooleman@xxxxxx
To: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, craig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opendtv] [Fwd: Re: Re: IPR balance of power shifts eastward
        in LTE]]

This will bounce if I post it to the list so, pelase one of you forward it, Nero has filed an anti-trust complaint against MPEG-LA.

http://www.osnews.com/story/23346/Nero_Files_Antitrust_Case_Against_MPEG-LA

d.

Quoting Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Another reply not from me but from the same engineer...

"The government is the problem because they make the rules and the rules
really suck. I know lots of people, including myself who have patents
but can't do anything with them. No one is investing, there is no money.
If you start a company, even with your own money, the unions,
lawyers and the government will bleed you dry. There are no
incentives. The banks and the multinational corporations are just
playing paper games and stealing gold."