[opendtv] Re: Fwd: DAB+ in the USA

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:35:42 +1300

Well,

It may not be any more attractive to the broadcasters, perhaps unattractive.
But if, as I have heard, IBOC is causing a lot of noise interference and
there has not been the mass adoption expected perhaps DAB+ will succeed. It
is spectrum efficient for the amount of channels and data rate compared to
DAB (Eureka 147) but obviously IBOC was a "having your cake and eating it"
scenario. The reality though may be that perhaps the cake was not as yummy
as expected.

Cheers
Barry