[opendtv] Re: From Ed Reitan

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:34:10 -0500

John Shutt wrote:
Are we
to turn off NTSC at 23:59:59 17 Feb 09, or are we to turn off NTSC at 00:00:00 17 Feb 09?

I think I remember someone writing that the 2/17 date was a 'general' time mark for the shutoff to begin, but that only markets where some minimum percentage [85%?] of viewers were watching non-OTA services would actually have analog switched off on that date.

In other markets where less than the 85% number were watching other services would not lose analog until the '85% rule' was met.

Or did this change somewhere along the way?

Cliff