[opendtv] Re: FreeviewTV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:53:06 -0400

Bob Miller wrote:

> Dan Grimes wrote:
> > Oops, got that one wrong.  The demo was for LocationfreeTV.
> > I looked at Sony's website.  Basically it is a transmitter
> > station in the house sending video to a small portable LCD
> > screen.
>
> At the price of OTA receivers in the UK it makes sense to
> just have every device have its own instead of rebroadcasting
> around the house.
>
> If you have a mobile service those devices are then not
> leashed to the house either they can go anywhere.

It makes sense here too, to just use the OTA signal rather
than "leashing" the TV to the house. And all you need is decent
portable service, which by the looks of it, some new receivers
might qualify now?

Of course, what if you want to watch cable channels elsewhere
in the house, without installing cable in every room?