[opendtv] Re: FreeviewTV

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:52:09 -0700

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 17:14 -0700, dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Oops, got that one wrong.  The demo was for LocationfreeTV.  I looked at
> Sony's website.  Basically it is a transmitter station in the house sending
> video to a small portable LCD screen.

The wife twisted my arm to look at those... I dug a little deeper and
they seem to be plagued with bad reviews and bugs. Plus Sony uses (last
I checked) some kind of bastardized MPEG2 codec. I wanted to use their
hub to stream to all devices in the house. Unfortunately it seems no-go.

You're better off using VLC and a PocketPC, or wait for the Nokia 770.
http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.jsp?Id=1381

Cheers
Kon