[opendtv] Re: Freeview effect

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:28:37 -0400

At 5:39 PM -0400 9/12/10, Albert Manfredi wrote:
Dunno about that. My thinking is that the content owners never want their stuff to go unwatched, if people show restraint. Content owners instead find different models, just as when Ondigital went out of business.

If there were a seachange - i.e. a very large number of people dropped cable and moved back to FOTA you "might" be right. But this is far from likely here in the U.S.

I'm using a Macbook right now. I really miss my two-button mouse with scrolling wheel thing. Also the separate delete and backspace keys. Guess it's what you get used to.

What MacBook are you using? Most Mac keyboards have a Delete key and cursor keys for Back/Forward/Up/Down. And there is an option in the Trackpad control panel to enable two finger secondary clicking (e.g. right click).

My wife just got the new Apple wireless Magic Mouse with the touch surface and loves it. She uses it and a USB keyboard when working at home on her MacBook. This mouse lets you scroll and use other touch gestures on its surface, as well a being able to move it like a normal mouse. And it has areas you can enable for two button touch clicking.