[opendtv] Re: Free TV URL list

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 17:42:27 -0500

Mike Tsinberg wrote:

> Actually I look specifically to play them through Safari on iOS.

In spite of Craig's insistence, that's your problem. If you were trying to
stream any random TV station, e.g. no doubt many of those on wwitv.com, or a
significant amount of stuff on YouTube, you'll have problems without Flash
Player.

Who knows why Steve Jobs had such a bug up his *ss about Adobe. He prematurely
crippled his iOS boxes, and Android happily tagged along. Too bad, so sad.

I repeat: Flash continues to be the favorite, on sites that support multiple
formats. I uninstalled Flash just to prove that to myself. SOME sites go to a
different protocol, but occasionally lacking features like full screen. And
some sites don't work at all, without Flash. Simple as that. I could uninstall
Flash to test individual sites again, but what's the point?

This might change before too long, but it's silly to deny the obvious. Steve
Jobs was premature. Perhaps to force the faithful onto iTunes. Who knows why
this too should be a matter for incessant debate?