[opendtv] Re: Free TV?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:41:15 +0000

TLM posted:

https://sites.google.com/site/nomoretvbill/

I just looked at this one (where the URL stayed glued together).

Gad-zooks, guys. Even this article makes it sound hard. And they left for last
two options the two options that clearly should have come first: antenna +
connect a PC to the TV.

Why should they have come first? Because #3 + #4 can do what #1 and #2 can do,
and a whole lot more.

The PC can easily be a media server as well, for anyone who feels compelled to
"collect" what is already available for streaming. And I keep marveling at how
the first options always have to be more subscription services. It's almost
like an obsession. It's not TV unless you get hooked on some subscription
scheme.