[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:20:33 -0400

The reason that most 320 x 240 web video looks like crap is that it is bit starved. Encode it properly and it will look as good as NTSC (or VHS anyway).

At 7:48 PM -0400 7/29/08, Tom Barry wrote:
I suppose with good scaling it would look okay on my 32" LCD as long as I stood at least 30' back. But my living room isn't large enough to find out.

- Tom

John Willkie wrote:
The screen size seems to have been determinative.  240 x 320 video looks
like crap on my computers.