[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:00:24 -0400

AT&T signed up with Qualcomm but they also took a look at Aloha before
they bought $2.5 billion worth of 700 MHz spectrum from them. Aloha
was pushing a higher resolution mobile, fixed and portable service,
not a cell phone centric service. If that is what caught AT&T's eye
then all bets are off. AT&T paid $92 million for the B block covering
Oklahoma City with 630,000 people. $111 million for the 900,000 people
in Milwaukee. They spent $6.63 Billion in auction 73 on 700 MHz
spectrum. This is broadcast type numbers, this is what TV stations
sans studio might go for.

What if AT&T wants to be a new age broadcaster? One that broadcast
higher resolution TV than that required for cell phones?

Bob Miller