[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:42:36 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

Well, maybe that's the part I'll never understand. Didn't you just show
me an MP3 player with FOTA DVB-T capability? Is it that in the US
market, consumers are only interested when there's a subscription fee to
be paid? So, if Crown Castle or Qualcomm can't make it work with
subsciption fees, forget about a FOTA variant?

No, I think I wasn't clear. I was speaking specifically to the (lack of) incentive to include FOTA ATSC M/H receviers in cell phones. Including them in MP3 players, or portable DVD players is another matter entirely, and obviously a much easier thing to do.

John