[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:46:15 -0700

I'm not sure that M/H will be pay services or a free services, per se.  I
agree that cell phone providers are a key constituency.

I can't talk about the bit budget, or the number of services, that would be
included in that budget, for a number of reasons.

Wow.  Just had a minor earthquake here.  And, I survived.

But, I think -- not speaking for cell carriers -- that having a wider
selection of video, including LOCAL news and EMERGENCY programming (ever try
to watch tv from an evacuation center?)  would aid the cell phone companies
in their marketing of video services.  And, they -- particularly Sprint --
wouldn't use up as much of their own network.

However, that "remains to be seen."

I don't think that M/H will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I do
think that it's an interesting thing in the toolkit, and that not all
broadcasters will employ it.

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>