[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:13:01 -0400

It's an Omneon video server which is the only HD recording device our
station currently has.

I didn't know that about SMPTE time code at the timecode level. Omenon must be either recording non-standard timecode within their files, or they are doing the conversion back to 60 frame counts for GUI display.

Curious, though, because the user bits are four groups of 8 bits each, for a max display of FF:FF:FF:FF. I would have thought that the timecode side used the same bit allocation, simply wasting the extra bits (at least until 60fps came along.)

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Wood" <russ.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>