[opendtv] Re: Frames Per Second of 720P

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:44:48 -0400

Thank you, Russ, but I fear I am more confused. Is not LTC bit 27 the biphase bit, set according to the rest of the 80 bit word to ensure an even number of zeros? If so then how can it be used to signal a field, when both fields should theoretically contain the same information for the other 79 bits, and therefore require bit 27 to also be set identically for both fields?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Wood" <russ.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry it has taken so long to answer these questions, I have been out of
the country for a week.

The field bit is VITC bit 35 (LTC bit 27) for 30frame/60 field, 60 frame
and for 24 frame, it is VITC bit 75 (LTC 58) for 25 frame/50 field and
50 frame.