[opendtv] Re: Format Independence

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:44:09 -0800

Also at the MPEG-2 encoder end. Most (if not all) encoders need
to be restarted when switching formats.

Some encoders can switch 1080i horizontal resolution on the fly
(between 1920, 1440 or 1280 wide). However, it's another
decoder compatibility issue as to how seamless the resolution
switch is.

Ron