[opendtv] Re: Format Independence

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:32:58 -0800

The DBS folks have been using inverse telecine on their encoders
since day one, both SD and HD. The HD streams that I've
analyzed fall in and out of film mode quite often, even on
non-edited film (usually during still sequences). As Tom
suggests, this is not a problem.

Sounds like PBS had a buggy encoder.

Ron