[opendtv] Re: Food for thought

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:05:53 -0800

As much as I hate to answer a question with questions, are analog and
digital captions in flux?  Is lip-sync in flux?

I will concede that RS-170a is almost rock-solid, but from my perspective
just about everything I encounter is in flux.  Otherwise, I would embed my
code in silicon and save significant 'platform costs."

Heck, I've yet to hear anyone on the 'customer side' even mention AFD, let
alone request it.  I spent significant time to permit encoding it and
graphically displaying the settings.  Three or more years ago; without ever
seeing it in a transport stream.

John Willkie

  _____