[opendtv] Re: Fiscal Cliff Bill Preserves TV/Movie Tax Credit

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 16:24:48 -0600

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> When running a politically supported  oligopoly is simply not enough...

Naw.

The tax code SHOULD be adjusted to promote good stuff and to discourage bad
stuff. Macroeconomics is legitimately the job of the government, not private
enterprise. And vice versa, microeconomic decisions do not belong in
Government. Government is clueless about running a business.

The US TV and movie industries are a treasure, if anything. One of our major
exports. The last thing we need Government to do is to tax it to hell.