[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:04:30 -0400

John,

I wouldn't say it was foolish, based on the performance of the units we
still have here at the station, and certainly not based on the 1999 Sinclair
Baltimore tests.  I was die hard gung-ho 8-VSB until those demonstrations.
Then I realized that the ATSC emperor had no clothes.

I tried to be part of the solution in 1999 by supporting the Sinclair
petition.  The problem is that nobody else in broadcasting did, because they
believed NxtWave and Motorola and Sarnoff Labs when they all said "wait."

We've waited long enough.

John