[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:44:39 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> It depends on what the 'magic' is.  If it is a tunable preselector bandbass
> filter, then we are talking more expense than a consumer piece of equipment
> wants to have.

I remember when the original cold fusion news broke back in the
day I read in Mad Magazine how it was confirmed by a janitor
discovering the process going on in a lavatory mint.  He said it
was unmistakable.  ;-)

Whatever.  I would be willing to buy a "tunable preselector
bandbass filter" if it did the job.  Heck, they can sell Monster
cables and Terk antennas.

> Maybe Bob's latest PCI cards have found the secret behind Cold Fusion.

Bob?  Bob?  I switched over from watching a Veronica Mars download
  to see if you had posted yet?  You out there?

- Tom