[opendtv] Re: Feb 17 is a go

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:13:27 -0800

I live in a very small town on the central coast of Oregon. It's not hard to get to know most all the folks in this 9000 population city. Every time I go out, I get asked about the transition (which should more properly be called the shut off of full power analog). Despite all efforts to inform the public, there is still a great deal of confusion and misinformation. Four more months will not help one bit except create even more confusion. Needless to say, I'm glad Feb. 17 is still the date.

*Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC*
1980 25th St.
Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (everything number)
*www.Tech-Notes.TV <http://www.Tech-Notes.TV>*
See you on the Taste of NAB Road Show

Ron Economos wrote:
I talked to my neighbor the other day (primarily to catch up on
the 'hood gossip), and I asked her if she and her husband were
ready for the digital television switchover. She replied that they
had received their coupons and had bought the converter boxes.
I said, "That's great, have you tried the converter box?" She said,
"I didn't know we could, I thought it was only for after Feb 17."
I filled her in on how DTV stations have been on the air since
1999 in the Bay Area.

I consider these folks to be quite intelligent (well read, only use
their TV for PBS), yet they clearly got the wrong (or at least
incomplete) message.

Ron

Mark A. Aitken wrote:
DTV has been happening for a long time. Your message is the wrong one! The only thing in question is when analog NTSC goes away...

On 1/28/2009 5:32 PM, Larry Bloomfield wrote:
DTV to happen in Feb as sched. Read about it at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/Archive/tech_notes_142.pdf
--

*Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC*
1980 25th St.