[opendtv] Re: Fault Tolerance, Redundancy and STB sniffing

  • From: Mark Aitken <MAitken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:44:51 +0000

Trade out your twisted pair for coax and you may find more stations/services
are available.

I too have cable into the home (minimum basic service is almost free with
internet), but an antenna in the air. In our neighborhood (which we share with
many deer, squirrels, foxes and other wildlife), power outages are the biggest
hindrance (and we have a whole-house generator). It is not unusual to have
friends, neighbors and family 'drop by' when the power is out to spend time to
visit... and watch TV.

Mark