[opendtv] Re: Farnsworth

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:08:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Reminds me of the time I went looking for what was left of Goddard's ranch in King of Prussia, PA.  (He's the father of American rocketry, and born well after Farnsworth.)  I knew a good part of his property had been taken for a toll plaza on the Penn. Turnpike.  I found a Goddard Mall and a Goddard Avenue, which the back end of which ended next to the toll plaza.

That's it.  If I'm not mistaken, the mall is now one of the largest in the world. Some kind of commemoration.  Made me think that Pennsylvania's history ended about 1790.