[opendtv] Re: FW: Lotsa Old TV (and WESTINGHOUSE DEBUTS HI-TECH "ADVANCED TV" (1951))

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:37:49 -0500

Cliff Benham wrote:

> These programs would never make it on the networks today because they
> contain NO terror, NO horror, NO slimy characters and NO sex.

Well, although that's true, the industry has moved on in good ways as well.

I had a look at the last James Dean interview, for example. By today's
standards, surely, it does seem rather quaint. And James Dean seems oh so
cliché. Don't you think?

There are few old shows, i.e. from the '50s and '60s, that I can still watch
with some level of interest. One of the few would be Perry Mason.