[opendtv] Re: FW: Intel Will Lead Us to à la Carte Pay TV

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 04:30:25 -0500

Tom McMahon wrote:

 There was a bunch of stuff happening in France, at the BBC and elsewhere.

True. If you want to include international TV, I've been watching at least RAI and TF1 online as long as the US conglom stuff. Always amazing to me how the Internet manages to have no trouble doing what the TV standards organizations can't seem to master. Global interoperability. Was just watching a Carabinieri and mafia show on RAI 1, for example. With the RAI 1 bug showing on the screen, like being there.

Which of course brings up the same old question. How come the available connected TVs, Roku, or AppleTV, refuse to permit users to find this stuff? The image quality is easily good enough for large screen TVs. The audio is superb. What's the problem? Even if the congloms or the MVPDs would prefer our attention not be taken elsewhere, aren't the CE companies supposed to be selling equipment to consumers? That's us.