[opendtv] Re: FW: Intel Will Lead Us to à la Carte Pay TV

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:47:42 -0800

Mike Tsinberg wrote:

> > So can we say that both Flash HTTP (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming
> > and possibly H.264 or its variant plus jump in data rate speeds to
> > 1Mb/s or higher was largely responsible for proliferation of Internet
> > TV distribution?

This is factually incorrect. Adobe HDS never took off, it had a small
foothold in competing with HLS and Smooth Streaming, and Adobe killed it by
failing to succeed with FMS against competing platforms such as Wowza/WMS
and emoving Flash support from Android (the death blow in my opinion).

Cheers
Kon