[opendtv] Re: F-Type Connectors Now used past 2GHz What Standard?

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:22:08 +0100

Cliff,

What, in this case, is very high rf frequencies? L-band for satellite
terminal use usually goes up to 2150 Mhz. I have heard/read of products that
claim to enable regular CATV coax to be used upto 3 gigahertz, instead of
the usual 862 Mhz, for data and other services.

Would you(one) use an F-connector with a braided core coax?

Donald