[opendtv] Re: FEATURE-In Wal-Mart era, upscale electronics stores hurt more

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:54:31 -0400

How timely - and true.  I close in 3 weeks!

What I see happening is that the higher-end customer is doing a lot more
research on the internet and, well, they think they know everything, so there's
no need to seek out more knowledgeable sales help.  Just decide what you want,
and go buy it.  On the other hand, the lower-end customer is just picking up one
of a hundred different home theater in-a-box systems, slapping it together, and
proclaiming the job complete.