[opendtv] Re: FCC on VoIP

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:10:23 -0700

Regulation, technology and economics?

Technically, you have a good argument.  Practically, you have none.  The
first time there's a life and death situation and a PBX user is not able to
use the system to call the appropriate enhanced 911 service provider in less
than a second, and death results, everybody associated with the sale and
installation goes out of business, because insurance cannot cover deliberate
acts.

The PBX maker goes out of business, along with the installer, the reseller,
the customer, the repair folks, the service provider, etc.

Just ONE DEATH.

So, you wanna play tactics in this area, or strategy?