[opendtv] Re: FCC on VoIP

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:17:47 -0700

So it's self-declared location?  That won't be operational in short order,
because it's unusable.

Location HAS TO BE done by the phone company.

There are state and federal laws that MUST be dealt with.  This is not a new
area: California adopted major 911 requirements on phone companies in 1972
and 1978.