[opendtv] Re: FCC meeting discussion on VHF imporvements and channel sharing

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:06:46 -0700

Bert,
Thanks much for the excellent summaries.

IMO, the belief that VHF noise impairment is mostly an indoor problem, I disagree. Unless the noise is from an indoor source and which in my experience does occur, it is generally not the most significant source, particularly in urban areas. When the noise generator is outside of the home, an outdoor antenna will also increase that noise level at the sets RF input.

Dale

Also, noise was attributed mostly to indoor reception of VHF. Is that true? Not where I live. Noise very much exists in low VHF, and is clearly visible with an outdoor antenna too. > In high VHF, noise is also a problem, but perhaps not too bad with an outdoor antenna.