[opendtv] FCC announces Phoebe Yang to leave FCC in December

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:54:37 -0600

http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2010/db1110/DOC-302746A1.pdf

November 10, 2010

FCC CHAIRMAN JULIUS GENACHOWSKI'S SENIOR ADVISOR ON BROADBAND
PHOEBE YANG TO LEAVE FCC IN DECEMBER

Washington, D.C. -- Today, it was announced that Phoebe Yang, Senior Advisor to
the Chairman on Broadband, will leave the FCC in December, to join the senior
management team and lead acquisitions strategy at The Advisory Board Company, a
leading provider of comprehensive performance improvement services to the
health care and education sectors. Ms. Yang has spearheaded the Commission's
broadband priorities, as set forth in Connecting America: The National
Broadband Plan, and has led the Plan's integration into the broader Commission
agenda.

"Phoebe has been indispensable to the Commission's efforts to take early and
decisive action to
implement the National Broadband Plan -- from leading the creation of the
Commission's 2010
Broadband Action Agenda to advising the Executive Branch on how broadband
policies can spur
innovation in addressing national priorities such as health care, energy, and
education," said Chairman
Genachowski. "Her wise counsel, intellectual rigor, and exceptional management
gifts have been
invaluable to me and the agency, and the nation owes her a debt of gratitude
for her outstanding public
service."

I heard Congressman Joe Barton yesterday on NPR. It sounded to me like some of
the FCC initiatives on broadband, specifically mentioned (while I was
listening) being regulating broadband access under Title II, are not going to
fly through Congress now. I wonder how much this has to do with the above
announcement from the FCC?

I also wonder how the new TV spectrum grab policy will be handled now?