[opendtv] Re: FCC TAKES STEPS TO ALLOW NEW LOW POWER DEVICES ON VACANT TV CHANNELS

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:36:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dazed and confused you are.

Q paid Aloha partners $45 million for channel 55 somewhere on the West Coast.
I know of low power television stations in middle to large markets that went
for more than that.  (With, by the way, no must-carry rights.)

So, if I am understanding your economic arguments (always a stuggle with your
neo-Marxism), this would drive down the value of TV stations to something akin
to fallow frequencies.

"What you think a channel is worth" is precisely equal to what you have offered
to pay for a 6 mhz channel.  Have you ever won an auction?  What did you bid?
If no, please multiply the amount you bid for a frequency segment to get the 6
mhz value.

I believe that we will find that you are b-sing still about value.